Becky and Kyle Zimmerle live and work in Central Asia along with their entire family. They work with projects that help support children with special needs and their families. They are originally from Spicer and will be home this summer.
Through our Missionary for a Day program Faith supports ELCA missionaries serving around the world. Currently we have been supporting a missionary serving in Japan. Her name is Allyson Streed. Check her out at http://ally-amerikajin.blogspot.com.
In a covenant relationship, an ELCA missionary, the ELCA Global Mission Support team, and a sponsoring congregation, commit to both give and receive through prayer, communication, and financial gifts.
Gifts for ELCA Missionary Support help make a world of difference. Here are examples of the good your gifts can do.
~$10 pays for a month’s supply of cooking kerosene.
· ~$50 purchases a pass for public transportation.
· ~$120 provides 2 to 12 months of e-mail access, depending on the area.
· ~$200 covers a month’s rent in some areas or a month’s security expense in others.
· ~$1,000 pays for a short-term missionary’s stipend and benefits for one month.
· ~$2,000 helps provide one year of home-school curriculum for a missionary child.
· ~$5,000 helps a missionary family fly to and from their country of service.
· ~$10,000 covers the cost of health insurance for a missionary couple for one year.
is the average, all-inclusive cost for a single missionary (e.g., training,
salary, benefits, housing,
in-country support) for one year.
For more information about ELCA Global Mission check out the following links:
Missionary Sponsorship and Global Gift Web pages:
For companion church information and links to find up-to-date country information:
Hand in Hand, the Global Mission Support quarterly newsletter:
ELCA Missionary Sponsorship blog:
To learn about accompaniment, how the ELCA and companion churches engage in global missions:
To learn about short-term, long-term, and volunteer global service opportunities:
To give online, including ELCA Good Gifts: